Sunday, April 3, 2022

Spring Birds

 April is the month that we start to expect Spring weather.  Yes, March can have nice days but once we get past April Fool's Day our expectations rise.  Certainly, the activity of the birds is timely as I imagine nest building is well underway.  Not sure about egg laying but I'm sure appropriate measures are underway.

I keep reading articles about how some birds are expanding their ranges north as the area warms up.  I generally see the same type of birds that I've always seen.  The most exotic are the cardinals who have nested in my backyard since I moved here.  I don't know how long cardinals live so I'm sure these aren't the original ones, but most likely their descendants.  

The most exotic bird was a small parrot that we actually captured one year thinking it was an escaped pet.  We lured it food and it seemed tame.  We never found anyone looking for a lost Parrot, so we adopted Baby and he was part of our family for a number of years.  Apparently, we have parrots now, but they were first noticed in 2013.  We found baby before that, but he has a family resemblance but more colorful.


Baby


Wild





No comments:

Post a Comment