Wednesday, August 17, 2016

More Random Thoughts

It seems like we have a lot more gullible people in our society than ever before although I don't know if we have any official gullibility statistics available.

There is an obvious bias in a fact checking group since if they say everything is correct no one will read them.

I think this is the first political campaign where one of the candidates is more concerned about ratings than winning.  I envision his group checking the overnights every morning.

I actually can't figure out what the Republicans are for anymore.  They like to say what they are against and maybe they are in favor of smaller Government, but whatever in is the party platform is not being well communicated.  I guess I could read it but why should I have to?

I don't understand why so many people seem convinced that we have prominent people trying to destroy our country.  I suspect Fox News is behind it but those people are clearly like the Onion News group, not to be taken seriously.

The tactic that is at least a little clever is to be totally obstructionist, avoid getting anything accomplished and then say both sides are equally at fault.

It is clear that our primary system is broken, mainly because it allows a small fringe group more influence than they should have.  How do you get more participation is the issue so the views actually reflect the party in question.

Why are independents allowed to vote in any party primaries?  Sort of dilutes the point of political parties.

Money has too much influence in elections, but the spending is good for the economy so not the worst thing.

Owning guns is protected by the second amendment but misusing them isn't.

People who ask me to share a post to support {fill in the blank} should explain to me how that does anything at all.

There are a bunch of ads now that claim to be short but which take forever to get past the intro (usually a hand drawing stuff).  I just don't have the patience for them and can't believe they actually work.



No comments:

Post a Comment