Sunday, December 5, 2021

Fooling People Most of the Time

 I have to admit I'm often confused by things others say are common sense.  For example, CNN felet the need to fire Chris Cuomo becasue he was heling his bother.  Now if he used his position to intervene that would be one thing but I didn't see anything to show that ethical line had been crossed.  In fact I don't even think that if he had it would matter since unrelated news opinion shows are very often extremely biased in how they report things.  Had he gone on his show and said his brother was innocent, everyone would know he was biased so what would it matter?

I don't have any relatives in political office except a sister-in-law who just got elected to her school board but if I did and they got accused of something that I was sure they didn't do, I would think expressing that opinion is fine and fact maybe required.

In the 2016 election we saw how Hillery's decision to go high when they went low failed.  Nice guys often do finish last. Following a set of unwritten rules when the other side ignores them is not a successful strategy.  There's an expression about bringing a knife to a gun fight.  It's a bad idea.

Right now we see a lot of media bias towards the right.  As best as I can figure, the constant attacks accusing the mainstream media of being biased has caused them to err trying to be fair.  Facts like the election was fair or the vaccine is safe, don't need to be balanced by radical unhinged views to be fair.

I don't know where this reference comes from but there was a saying about could 30 million French men be wrong?  Yes they can.  In fact I sort of question the Abraham Lincoln claim that you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.  

Maybe you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment