Sunday, August 15, 2021

Family First

 Afghanistan is simply another example of how change can not be imposed by outsiders.

I don't know what else we could have done and I suspect no else has a clue either.  Those arguing that the pull out of troops was too sudden are really saying that the collapse of the Afghan army was faster than expected

I would probably prefer that they adopted Western Values there but sometimes I'm not sure Western Values are that great.

People have been around for thousands of years and while some will dispute this, the family unit has been the way we have organized.  Call it what you will, but if I was looking at Western Civilization from most of the world, I would wonder what the hell we were doing?

We have replaced family with individual liberty to a great extent and allowed that individual freedom to ignore all norms.

How that will work out is dependent on any number of things but I tend to doubt it will be a hit with much of the world.  It is not how society builds anything.

The family unit is the most influential force in a child's education.  Whether that family unit is traditional or non-traditional doesn't change that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment